- Sweet Recipes
- Savory Recipes
- Holiday Recipes
- Tips & DIY
- Link Parties
- Foodie Fun
- Recipe Box
I’ve always loved ice cream, sorbets and gelato, but never tried making them at home because I didn’t have an ice cream maker. Now that I’ve discovered I can make all of these things without one, I’m addicted!
I know some of the measurements – ml for strawberries – may seem a bit odd, but I was using cups to measure everything, which include both a cup measurement and a ml measurement. I found this much easier than weighing all the dry ingredients.
100ml frozen strawberries
2 tbsp sugar
1. Combine 100ml of water with 75ml of sugar in a pan on a low heat. Continue to stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool
2. Meanwhile, mix together 100ml of strawberries (I used frozen), 2 tbsp and 100ml of water in another pan over a medium heat. Continue to mix and bash the strawberries until a gloopy paste is formed.
3. When the strawberry puree mix is complete, leave to cool before straining.
4. Add 100ml of milk to the sugar/water mix, then stir in the strwberry puree.
5. Place in the freezer and leave for around two hours. After this time, remove from the freezer, stir, and replace.
6. Take the sorbet out of the freezer to mix two more times – each an hour apart to ensure a silky texture.