- Sweet Recipes
- Savory Recipes
- Holiday Recipes
- Tips & DIY
- Link Parties
- Foodie Fun
- Recipe Box
Sausage and Egg McMuffins are my all-time favorite breakfast to eat out ever. But do you know what’s even better? The homemade version.
Oh my yum. Now if I could only wake up to a whole plate of these every morning I would be one happy – and rather on the large side – girl.
These English muffins are homemade, which makes the whole thing better – if that’s even possible! Providing you’ve got your muffins sorted, they’re pretty quick to whip up in the mornings, too.
One of the things I hate about the McMuffins is the grease that drips all over the wrapper when I take my first bite. There is none of that with this recipe! And because you’re making them at home, you can make them just how you like them – with whole-wheat English muffins, a little more spice, extra herbs…
This really has got to be the ultimate breakfast sandwich that will always bring a smile to your face, I promise!
Homemade Sausage & Egg McMuffins
2 English muffins
6 pounds pork mince
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon sage
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 slices cheese
1. In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, oil, onion, sage, honey, onion powder, salt pepper and chili.
2. Divide the mixture into 2 and shape into 2 flat patties. Fry in a skillet over a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, slice your English muffins in half and toast – cut side down – in a dry skillet for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
4. Using a round cutter the same size as your muffin to keep your eggs in shape, fry your eggs to they’re how you like them.
5. To assemble, place half of the English muffin on a plate and top with the pork patty, fried egg, cheese and second half of the English muffin.
Enjoy a Sausage & Egg McMuffin without leaving the house!
Here are the link parties I take part in.
Come and join the fun!