- Sweet Recipes
- Savory Recipes
- Holiday Recipes
- Tips & DIY
- Link Parties
- Foodie Fun
- Recipe Box
I am absolutely, positively, head-over-heels in love with Sunday morning.
Sure, Saturday morning is great – but there’s usually a load of stuff I have to do in a couple of hours so I’m in a bit of a rush trying to get myself organised and out the door at a reasonable time (ie, before everything shuts).
I even quite like Monday mornings – I can get all my stuff together and plan everything that I’m going to do that week – not that I ever manage it all. Is that weird?
But nothing can compete with Sunday morning. Sunday morning is quiet and peaceful. I usually don’t have to do anything more complex than lounging around by the pool or having fun at the water park on Sunday, so I can spend the morning relaxing and being lazy.
And making amazing breakfasts that sound like no big deal but really are. These are warm, crunchy pockets of yum.
You can use whatever fillings you like – I used whatever I had on hand. But be warned – they’re super-messy and ridiculously hot when they come out of the oven. Let them rest for a minute or two so you don’t get third degree burns on the inside of your mouth, I beg you.
Oh, Sunday morning. Why can’t you come round more often?
Crunchy Breakfast Pockets
1 cup baked beans, cooked
2 slices ham
1/4 cup grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 440°F and soften your tortillas up in the microwave.
2. Lay a slice of ham in the middle of each tortilla and top with beans. Meanwhile, fry your eggs so they’re just how you like them.
3. Place the egg on top of the beans and sprinkle a little cheese on top.
4. Fold the sides of the tortilla into the middle, creating a square.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Is it Sunday yet?
Here are the link parties I take part in.
Come and join the fun!